SIG Brings Smart Home Gateway Support for Bluetooth
In February, the Bluetooth SIG launched its developer support to help put Bluetooth at the heart of smart home deployments. The release of a developer kit for cloud access to Bluetooth smart devices is built around a new architecture supporting a suite of RESTful APIs. The software supports the integration of cloud management of smart home over Bluetooth Smart connectivity. The kit and SIG’s support for remote cloud support of Bluetooth Smart devices unpins the ongoing transformation of Bluetooth into a multi-use protocol, able to compete against a handful of protocols all vying for a broader role in smart home deployments, including ZigBee, Z-Wave, Thread, and others.
To find out more about subscribing:
- The Emerging Role for Smart Homes in the Smart City
- Alphabet Reveals Nest Losses and Its Own Smart Home Commitment
- Webinar: Smart Mobility, Smart Cities, and Smart Home: the Holy Trinity for Automated Living?
- Acquisition Spree Highlights the Rush to Single-Brand Smart Home Self-Install Systems
- Smart Home Customer Data – The Next Revenue Opportunity?