SIG Brings Smart Home Gateway Support for Bluetooth
In February, the Bluetooth SIG launched its developer support to help put Bluetooth at the heart of smart home deployments. The release of a developer kit for cloud access to Bluetooth smart devices is built around a new architecture supporting a suite of RESTful APIs. The software supports the integration of cloud management of smart home over Bluetooth Smart connectivity. The kit and SIG’s support for remote cloud support of Bluetooth Smart devices unpins the ongoing transformation of Bluetooth into a multi-use protocol, able to compete against a handful of protocols all vying for a broader role in smart home deployments, including ZigBee, Z-Wave, Thread, and others.
To find out more about subscribing:
- The UnTelco in Smart Home: Telco Opportunities and Market Activities
- Driving Growth in the European Smart Home
- Webinar: Smart Home Data – A Golden Egg or Privacy Invasion?
- Education and Healthcare Strategies for Smart Cities
- The Case for GDPR Lifting the European Smart Home