OPC-UA: At the Heart of the Fourth Industrial Evolution?
At the Hannover Messe 2015 in April, representatives of the German organization presented the first version of its reference architectural model for the Industrie 4.0, with OPC-UA confirmed as the one and only standard for the RAMI 4.0 communication layer. This latest development seems to suggest the willingness to further extend the standard to other industrial domains and its ambition of eventually becoming the common standard for the Industrial IoT (IIoT).
To find out more about subscribing:
- IoT Hardware Development Kits and Software Platforms
- Smart Manufacturing Platforms Assessment
- Telco’s M2M Services Need Defense Options Against Hacked IoT Devices
- Partnerships and Acquisitions in the Maturing IoT Ecosystem
- USC and City of Los Angeles Form IoT Consortium to Drive Smart City Innovation