OPC-UA: At the Heart of the Fourth Industrial Evolution?
At the Hannover Messe 2015 in April, representatives of the German organization presented the first version of its reference architectural model for the Industrie 4.0, with OPC-UA confirmed as the one and only standard for the RAMI 4.0 communication layer. This latest development seems to suggest the willingness to further extend the standard to other industrial domains and its ambition of eventually becoming the common standard for the Industrial IoT (IIoT).
To find out more about subscribing:
- Additive Manufacturing in Industrial Applications
- The SMART IoT Act and the Continued Absence of U.S. Public Sector Guidance
- IoT Tech Expo 2018: Highlights and Key Takeaways
- Generative Design in Industrial Applications
- Why Are MNOs Launching IoT MVNOs?