OPC-UA: At the Heart of the Fourth Industrial Evolution?
At the Hannover Messe 2015 in April, representatives of the German organization presented the first version of its reference architectural model for the Industrie 4.0, with OPC-UA confirmed as the one and only standard for the RAMI 4.0 communication layer. This latest development seems to suggest the willingness to further extend the standard to other industrial domains and its ambition of eventually becoming the common standard for the Industrial IoT (IIoT).
To find out more about subscribing:
- Will T-Mobile's NB-IoT Undercut Verizon and AT&T’s LTE-M Offerings?
- Adoption of Global Asset Tracking Solutions Will Accelerate with North American Telcos’ Backing of NB-IoT
- M2M Embedded Cellular Modules
- Analyst Recommendations for Huawei’s IoT Strategy
- A Closer Look at Cloud Robotics – The Distant Future of Robotics