OPC-UA: At the Heart of the Fourth Industrial Evolution?
At the Hannover Messe 2015 in April, representatives of the German organization presented the first version of its reference architectural model for the Industrie 4.0, with OPC-UA confirmed as the one and only standard for the RAMI 4.0 communication layer. This latest development seems to suggest the willingness to further extend the standard to other industrial domains and its ambition of eventually becoming the common standard for the Industrial IoT (IIoT).
To find out more about subscribing:
- Key Technology Applications in Automotive Manufacturing
- Trade Wars, Security, and the Hikvision/Dahua Video Surveillance Ban
- Balancing Edge and Cloud in the Digital Factory
- India Smart Meter Market Update
- Addressing Consumer Confidence in IoT and What This Means for Consumer Product OEMs