Evaluating Fandango’s Acquisition of M-GO and Flixster/Rotten Tomatoes
Earlier in the year, Fandango (a subsidiary of Comcast / NBCUniversal) acquired both M-GO (January 2016 from Dreamworks Animation) and Flixster (February 2016 from Warner Bros. Entertainment) in a bid to offer consumers the most complete end-to-end movie viewing experience. Consumers will eventually be able to view movie news / reviews, purchase theater tickets, and rent / own digital movies and TV shows from one company. While all of the details are not final, M-GO will be rebranded as Fandango Now (effective March 30, 2016) and Flixster’s movie service, which was not part of the deal, will likely see its users migrate over to Fandango Now and then close down. The acquisitions are expected to bring Fandango’s user base to over 63 million monthly unique visitors.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Operators Embrace Next Generation Home-Networking Devices to Provide Robust Whole-Home Wi-Fi
- Set-Top Box Video System on Chip (SoC) Semiconductors
- Home Networking: Ethernet, Wi-Fi, MoCa, HomePlug, HomePNA, G.hn
- UltraViolet Shutting Down on July 31, 2019
- Hot Tech Innovators: Artificial Intelligence in Video