Secure Mobile Communications Part 3: Apps
The third installment of the secure mobile communications series focuses on the ecosystem of secure mobile applications for smartphones. Many of these are standalone, target both consumer and enterprise, and can be downloaded from popular app stores such as Google Play and Apple App Store. These apps offer secure voice calling or secure messaging (and, in some cases, both), and primarily do this over the internet protocol, using either WiFi or 3G/4G. Most are offered on the market for free, or as a freemium model leveraging in-app purchasing and paid upgrades. Generally, however, the consumer versions are free and paid versions form part of enterprise offerings for broader secure mobile communications platforms and subscription services.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Next-Generation Physical Access Control Technologies and Opportunities
- Why Operators Should Reposition as “eSIM Companies”
- TfL Figures Demonstrate the Mobile Potential
- FPC Brings China’s First Biometric Contactless Payment Card: What Does the Future Hold?
- What is The True Cost of Rectifying a Security Flaw/Breach?