Wearables for Kids, Peace of Mind for Parents
For many parents, ‘’Where is my child?’’ can be a heart-stopping question. As such, many parents already provide mobile phones to their kids for the sole purpose of being a “digital leash” of sorts. Some 20 million people have already downloaded Life360, a location app that allows family members to alert one another when they have arrived at various spots and to follow one another’s movements with by-the-minute updates. Wearable devices have huge potential to extend this function, providing peace of mind in the form of lightweight GPS trackers that can last a day or two on a charge, and offer frequent and reliable updates on a child’s whereabouts.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Plantronics Pumps US$2 billion into Polycom in Open-Plan Office Smarts Pair Off
- Wearable Devices in the Winter Olympics and Paralympics Help Bring Technology to the Forefront
- Inside the Battle for Dominance in Wearable User Interface
- Safety Wearables Could Help to Save US Businesses US$200 Billion Annually on Insurance and Treatments from Workplace Injuries
- Wearable Device User Interface and User Experience