eSIM Part 2: Samsung is the First to Market with Consumer-Facing eSIM
With Samsung launching the first device, its Samsung Gear S2 classic 3G smartwatch with consumer-facing GSMA-compliant eSIM, it came as no surprise that the leading smart card vendors, Gemalto, G&D, and Oberthur Technologies, had their respective network provision demos on show at MWC. The MNOs leading the charge to date include Orange, Vodafone, Telefonica, and TeliaSonera.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Government & Healthcare ID Cards
- Mobile Identities and Derived Credentials
- Contactless Ticketing Smart Card Technologies
- The IT versus OT Conundrum Brings New Cybersecurity Challenges for Connected Industrial Control Systems
- Payment & Banking Card Technologies Market Update