GSMA Releases Long-Awaited Consumer-Specific eSIM Specification – Part 1
On the 18th February 2016, the GSMA announced the release of its long awaited eSIM specification, allowing consumers the ability to remotely activate an eSIM on a variety of CE device types. The new specification is focused on the wider IoT opportunity to allow MNOs to extend their subscription reach to new things and to allow new subscription opportunities on device types which, to date, MNOs have arguably struggled to penetrate.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Identities and Derived Credentials
- Contactless Ticketing Smart Card Technologies
- The IT versus OT Conundrum Brings New Cybersecurity Challenges for Connected Industrial Control Systems
- Payment & Banking Card Technologies Market Update
- eSIM: Consumer, M2M, and IoT Market Update