Foxconn Backs Off From Sharp Merger
“Will they or won’t they”? That was the question Sharanjit Leyl on the BBC Asia morning show asked me. It could almost be an episode from a Korean soap drama. What could be the nature of the “new material information” that Foxconn is now privy to? Surely a small army of lawyers, advisory consultants, Hon Hai Precision (Foxconn) executives would have been at Sharp’s offices for multiple meetings and pored over the books. Usually Asian business relationships are not quite so dramatic.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Premium Range Smartphone OEM Strategies, Flexible Displays and 5G: A Triumvirate to Staunch the Declining Market?
- Mobile Devices, Features, and Technologies (Networks): Vendors, Trends, and Forecasts
- AI Chips in Smartphones Key to Boosting Machine Vision Adoption and Applications
- Smartphone OEMs Need to Review Strategies for 5G RFFE System Designs
- Intel Wants to Be First to Scale with 5G—Not First to Market