Wearables and the IoT – Technology or Tool? (Part Two)
As discussed in Part One of this insight, determinants of success surrounding new and emerging mobile product categories such as wearables are starting to shift – focusing less on the device ecosystem (Android, iOS), and more on the ecosystem of devices (IoT, IoE). The fundamental difference between wearables in the consumer and enterprise contexts is that the current cohort of consumer applications are positioned around the marginal (and subjective) value of convenience, while in the enterprise they’re viewed as a tool. The second part of this insight dissects this dynamic, looking at newfound user- and machine-generated data as an input component rather than an output feature of connected systems.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Smart Footwear Technologies and Applications
- Wearable Data Analytics and Business Models
- Apple Watch Series 3 GPS + Cellular Teardown Summary Report
- Virtual Reality in Enterprise Training
- IT/OT Convergence in Smart Manufacturing and Enterprise