Wearables and the IoT – Technology or Tool? (Part One)
Despite Google's push to expand Android Wear/iOS support, the limited list of Android Wear/iOS-compatible devices, as well as their functional shortcomings (relative to staying in-ecosystem), in many ways constrains the menu of available use cases to the crutch of wearables’ smartphone parent. The dominance of wrist-borne devices in consumer segments – where fitness trackers and smart watches alone accounted for 80% of the 135m units shipped globally in 2015 (MD-WADT-107) – only serves to obfuscate the issue; it’s about interoperability, not form factor.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Smart Footwear Technologies and Applications
- Wearable Data Analytics and Business Models
- Apple Watch Series 3 GPS + Cellular Teardown Summary Report
- Virtual Reality in Enterprise Training
- IT/OT Convergence in Smart Manufacturing and Enterprise