Cisco and Jasper – Who Needed Who First?
Since launching the Cisco IoT System in June 2015, Cisco has frantically been filling in the gaps of this solution set, of which there were many. As a networking provider, they were really only supporting IoT through connectivity. However, the value in M2M/IoT is through “value-added” services – revenues from IoT VAS are expected to exceed 70% of all IoT services revenues. In November 2015 they acquired Parstream to bolster their data and analytics services. The Jasper acquisition bolsters their platform and connectivity management services. It also allows them to build from their strengths in networks and operator relationships.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Cybersecurity in Smart Utilities
- 2-Wheel Electric Urban Mobility on the Rise: Uber and Lyft Setting Eyes on Bikes and Scooters
- Contactless Ticketing Smart Card Technologies
- Contactless Ticketing Secure IC Technologies
- Intelligent Transportation Systems Market Forecast