Cisco and Jasper – Who Needed Who First?
Since launching the Cisco IoT System in June 2015, Cisco has frantically been filling in the gaps of this solution set, of which there were many. As a networking provider, they were really only supporting IoT through connectivity. However, the value in M2M/IoT is through “value-added” services – revenues from IoT VAS are expected to exceed 70% of all IoT services revenues. In November 2015 they acquired Parstream to bolster their data and analytics services. The Jasper acquisition bolsters their platform and connectivity management services. It also allows them to build from their strengths in networks and operator relationships.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Critical Infrastructure Security
- Smart Cities India: 100 City Project
- Smart City Pioneers in Southeast Asia: Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam
- Augmented Reality in Energy and Utilities
- Contactless Ticketing Smart Card Technologies