Glass vs. HoloLens: Two Approaches to Wearable AR Displays
In the quest to capture the next generation of users and the devices they use, Microsoft has been working on their HoloLens Augmented Reality headset, promising a Mixed Reality (MR) experience with three-dimensional holograms that is different than that provided by any other consumer or enterprise smartglasses product available. This device is often thought of as a successor to Google’s Glass™ project, a more consumer-targeted endeavor that fizzled out due to high prices and lack of use. A new chapter for Glass has been revealed, with Google updating the device with modest improvements and targeting enterprise use from launch. These devices are quite different, however, both in form and function.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Display Technology in Augmented and Mixed Reality
- Augmented Reality in Energy and Utilities
- Virtual Reality in Enterprise Training
- IT/OT Convergence in Smart Manufacturing and Enterprise
- Augmented/Mixed Reality SI and VAR Market Tracker