The Quest to Replace Passwords
A lot of passwords can simply be guessed. Creating a strong password (containing mixed capitalization, numbers and symbols) to counter this can lead to forgetting it or causing one to write it down, which opens up the possibility to have it lost or stolen. Similarly, some passwords end up being shared among family members, friends or coworkers, which also creates additional vulnerabilities. Compounding these challenges, remembering strong passwords for 10’s of sites and login scenarios, is not a human strength. Site logins may offer the ability to reset the password, which may lead to user frustration, delay, and eventual compromise of the password system from re-use and "giving in." Data privacy and security are in a constant tug-of-war with system and service usability.
To find out more about subscribing:
- IoT Tech Expo 2018: Highlights and Key Takeaways
- eSIM Connect 2018 – Despite Potential Threats, Operator eSIM Investment Continues
- Data Analytics for Digital Security
- ForeScout Acquires Industrial Cybersecurity Firm SecurityMatters
- Putting the eSIM Smartphone Impact into Perspective