As Tablet Volumes Continue to Slide, China’s White Box Vendors Seek a Device Safe Haven
An estimated 204 million tablets, combining branded OEM and white box offerings, shipped worldwide in 2015. Down 18% year-over-year from 2014 volumes, the white box contribution took the bigger hit at 24%. Most of the decline specifically came from the Asia-Pacific region where white box tablets are commonly sold at local electronics shops. What factors contributed to the decline of white box tablets and what is the market outlook for tablet devices, which have also been slipping from the major OEM brands?
To find out more about subscribing:
- Google's Exploration into the Wearable World
- Gesture Control in Mobile Devices Galvanized by Google's Radar Technology Approval
- CES 2019 Wearables Roundup: Healthcare Features Take Center Stage
- Machine Vision in Mobile Devices
- Mobile Devices: Rumor Summary 4Q 2018