As Tablet Volumes Continue to Slide, China’s White Box Vendors Seek a Device Safe Haven
An estimated 204 million tablets, combining branded OEM and white box offerings, shipped worldwide in 2015. Down 18% year-over-year from 2014 volumes, the white box contribution took the bigger hit at 24%. Most of the decline specifically came from the Asia-Pacific region where white box tablets are commonly sold at local electronics shops. What factors contributed to the decline of white box tablets and what is the market outlook for tablet devices, which have also been slipping from the major OEM brands?
To find out more about subscribing:
- Transformative Consumer Device Features and Technologies
- Mobile Ecosystem Leaders and Laggards in the Post-Smartphone Era: An Analysis of Patents, R&D, and Collaborative Activities
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Teardown Summary Report
- Mobile Device Features, Pricing, and Network Technologies: Vendors, Trends, and Forecasts
- Tablets Semiannual Update for 1H 2017