As Tablet Volumes Continue to Slide, China’s White Box Vendors Seek a Device Safe Haven
An estimated 204 million tablets, combining branded OEM and white box offerings, shipped worldwide in 2015. Down 18% year-over-year from 2014 volumes, the white box contribution took the bigger hit at 24%. Most of the decline specifically came from the Asia-Pacific region where white box tablets are commonly sold at local electronics shops. What factors contributed to the decline of white box tablets and what is the market outlook for tablet devices, which have also been slipping from the major OEM brands?
To find out more about subscribing:
- 5G Smartphones Move beyond the Hype at MWC 2019
- Fitbit Brings Wearables to the Masses with the Launch of Cheaper Devices
- eSIM In The Consumer & M2M Markets
- New Smartphone, Tablet, and Wearable Form Factors and Technologies
- Future Smartphone Market Set to Take a More Flexible Approach