PTC Keeps Growing Its Industrial IoT Strategy with Kepware Acquisition: Part One
It appears that PTC really enjoys its Christmas shopping. At the very end of 2013 PTC announced the acquisition of ThingWorx, which represented their most decisive step towards the emerging IoT market. This year, just a couple of days before Christmas, PTC has repeated itself by announcing it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Kepware Technologies, a software development company that provides connectivity solutions to industrial automation environments. According to the announcement the transaction will be finalized in early 2016 and will cost PTC approximatively $100 million plus up to an additional $18 million based on a number of strategic and financial goals. PTC also revealed its intention to maintain Kepware’s partner ecosystem and to further develop Kepware’s technology after the acquisition.
To find out more about subscribing:
- IoT Hardware Development Kits and Software Platforms
- Smart Manufacturing Platforms Assessment
- Telco’s M2M Services Need Defense Options Against Hacked IoT Devices
- Partnerships and Acquisitions in the Maturing IoT Ecosystem
- USC and City of Los Angeles Form IoT Consortium to Drive Smart City Innovation