PTC Keeps Growing Its Industrial IoT Strategy with Kepware Acquisition: Part One
It appears that PTC really enjoys its Christmas shopping. At the very end of 2013 PTC announced the acquisition of ThingWorx, which represented their most decisive step towards the emerging IoT market. This year, just a couple of days before Christmas, PTC has repeated itself by announcing it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Kepware Technologies, a software development company that provides connectivity solutions to industrial automation environments. According to the announcement the transaction will be finalized in early 2016 and will cost PTC approximatively $100 million plus up to an additional $18 million based on a number of strategic and financial goals. PTC also revealed its intention to maintain Kepware’s partner ecosystem and to further develop Kepware’s technology after the acquisition.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Asset Tracking: Market Opportunities in the Era of LPWA
- Internet of Everything Market Tracker
- Will T-Mobile's NB-IoT Undercut Verizon and AT&T’s LTE-M Offerings?
- Adoption of Global Asset Tracking Solutions Will Accelerate with North American Telcos’ Backing of NB-IoT
- M2M Embedded Cellular Modules