Xiaomi is Changing Its Brand Strategy
On December 8, 2015, Xiaomi CEO Lei Jun said on weibo (a Chinese microblogging website) that in order to avoid confusion, Xiaomi’s ecosystem products are going to bear different brand names. Unlike Apple, which relies on licensed accessory manufacturers that incorporate the “Made for iPhone” (MFI) branding into their manufacturing and design process, Xiaomi generally invests in start-ups that produce an array of accessories for Xiaomi but use their own branding terminology to sell them. Further, rather than keeping a narrow focus to accessories that complement Xiaomi’s core products, the company invested in an array of smart home products less connected to its smart ecosystem, such as an air purifier.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Gesture Control in Mobile Devices Galvanized by Google's Radar Technology Approval
- CES 2019 Wearables Roundup: Healthcare Features Take Center Stage
- Machine Vision in Mobile Devices
- Mobile Devices: Rumor Summary 4Q 2018
- In-Display Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensors for Smartphones Provide Improved Authentication and User Experience