Xiaomi is Changing Its Brand Strategy
On December 8, 2015, Xiaomi CEO Lei Jun said on weibo (a Chinese microblogging website) that in order to avoid confusion, Xiaomi’s ecosystem products are going to bear different brand names. Unlike Apple, which relies on licensed accessory manufacturers that incorporate the “Made for iPhone” (MFI) branding into their manufacturing and design process, Xiaomi generally invests in start-ups that produce an array of accessories for Xiaomi but use their own branding terminology to sell them. Further, rather than keeping a narrow focus to accessories that complement Xiaomi’s core products, the company invested in an array of smart home products less connected to its smart ecosystem, such as an air purifier.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Smartphone Market in Need of Key Transformative Technologies to Stimulate Replacement Cycles
- How Does Sony’s New Camera Sensor Fit into the Smartphone Camera Market?
- eSIM and The Consumer Market
- Emergent Mobile Device Technology Trend Analysis
- Emergent Mobile Device Technology Tracker