Xiaomi is Changing Its Brand Strategy
On December 8, 2015, Xiaomi CEO Lei Jun said on weibo (a Chinese microblogging website) that in order to avoid confusion, Xiaomi’s ecosystem products are going to bear different brand names. Unlike Apple, which relies on licensed accessory manufacturers that incorporate the “Made for iPhone” (MFI) branding into their manufacturing and design process, Xiaomi generally invests in start-ups that produce an array of accessories for Xiaomi but use their own branding terminology to sell them. Further, rather than keeping a narrow focus to accessories that complement Xiaomi’s core products, the company invested in an array of smart home products less connected to its smart ecosystem, such as an air purifier.
To find out more about subscribing:
- 5G Smartphones Move beyond the Hype at MWC 2019
- Fitbit Brings Wearables to the Masses with the Launch of Cheaper Devices
- eSIM In The Consumer & M2M Markets
- New Smartphone, Tablet, and Wearable Form Factors and Technologies
- Future Smartphone Market Set to Take a More Flexible Approach