Google and Apple Delays are Creating a Market for Handset-based Indoor Location Startups
Google and Apple’s reluctance to release indoor location APIs to developers means that the big guys cannot afford to wait and are now buying and/or partnering. With Google I/O around the corner, there is little in the breakout sessions to suggest it is about to release a new indoor technology to developers (although, I am expecting to hear a lot more about Eddystone). Until these changes, there will be significant opportunity for startups to sign multi-million dollar deals to integrate their technology.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Location Technologies Supply Chain and Ecosystem Tracker
- Webinar: Location Platforms, Value Chain Analysis, Technology Innovation, and Business Transformation
- Cellular and LPWAN Location Technologies
- Cellular Location-as-a-Service: A New Revenue Stream For Carriers?
- Hot Tech Innovators - Location Technologies