Google and Apple Delays are Creating a Market for Handset-based Indoor Location Startups
Google and Apple’s reluctance to release indoor location APIs to developers means that the big guys cannot afford to wait and are now buying and/or partnering. With Google I/O around the corner, there is little in the breakout sessions to suggest it is about to release a new indoor technology to developers (although, I am expecting to hear a lot more about Eddystone). Until these changes, there will be significant opportunity for startups to sign multi-million dollar deals to integrate their technology.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Indoor Location Platforms: Technology and Business Model Innovations
- Location Technologies Supply Chain and Ecosystem Tracker
- Indoor Location and RTLS: Technology Positioning and Use Cases
- Industry Survey: Transformative Technology Adoption and Attitudes - Location Technologies
- Location Technologies, Devices, and Services