EU makes Headway on Cybersecurity Directive
Negotiators of the European Parliament, the Council and the Commission announced on Tuesday 8 December that they have finally reached an agreement on the text of a Directive to ensure a high common level of network and information security (NIS) across the EU. The draft Directive will now be put to the European Parliament and the Council for formal approval. Once these steps are completed, the Directive will come into force and EU Member States will have 21 months to implement the articles into national legislation.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Identities and Derived Credentials
- Contactless Ticketing Smart Card Technologies
- The IT versus OT Conundrum Brings New Cybersecurity Challenges for Connected Industrial Control Systems
- Payment & Banking Card Technologies Market Update
- eSIM: Consumer, M2M, and IoT Market Update