ADAS Supplier Ecosystem: Semiconductor Vendors, Tier 1 Suppliers, Hardware and Software Developers
A wide variety of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) is currently available from an equally diverse range of OEMs. The development and deployment of these systems is the result of collective action by Tier 1s, semiconductor vendors, software suppliers, sensor manufacturers, and in-vehicle networking suppliers. As OEMs have striven to deliver new, more complex systems on premium vehicles, and to provide affordable assistance on mass-market vehicles, the traditional ecosystem is being disrupted, creating both threats and opportunities for vendors across the value chain.
This report discusses the required competencies and disruptive trends facing Tier 1 suppliers, harwdare component vendors and software suppliers. In particular, the readiness of the different segments of the value chain to meet the demands of a concerted OEM push towards more highly automated dirving is analysed, as well as the opportunities this is creating for new entrants to the market.
Table of Contents
- 1. ADVANCED DRIVER ASSISTANCE SYSTEMS ECOSYSTEM OVERVIEW
- 2. TIER 1 SUPPLIERS
- 2.1. The Disruptive Effect of Autonomous Vehicles on Tier One Suppliers
- 2.2. The Disruptive Effect of Infotainment Players on Incumbent Tier One Suppliers
- 2.3. Key Tier One Suppliers to the ADAS Market
- 3. SEMICONDUCTOR VENDORS
- 3.1. Important Competencies for Semiconductor Vendors
- 3.2. Disruptive Trends for Semiconductor Vendors in the ADAS Ecosystem
- 3.3. Key Semiconductor Suppliers to the ADAS Market
- 4. SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS
- 4.1. Important Competencies for ADAS Software Developers
- 4.2. Key ADAS Software Developers