Ericsson Boosts Wi-Fi Calling by Connecting Calls to Non-SIM Tablets and Computers
Last week, Ericsson, one of the early supporters of Wi-Fi calling, introduced a new, multi-device capability to the market that further increases the desirability of Wi-Fi calling services for both subscribers and operators alike. The new capability extends operators voice offerings to non-SIM Wi-Fi-only devices, like tablets and laptops, and allows the use of a single phone number per subscriber. ABI Insight looks at the new capability and what it means for the market going forward.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?