Ericsson Boosts Wi-Fi Calling by Connecting Calls to Non-SIM Tablets and Computers
Last week, Ericsson, one of the early supporters of Wi-Fi calling, introduced a new, multi-device capability to the market that further increases the desirability of Wi-Fi calling services for both subscribers and operators alike. The new capability extends operators voice offerings to non-SIM Wi-Fi-only devices, like tablets and laptops, and allows the use of a single phone number per subscriber. ABI Insight looks at the new capability and what it means for the market going forward.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Intel Wants to Be First to Scale with 5G—Not First to Market
- Transformative Horizon: Indoor Wireless Networks
- 5G Fixed Wireless Broadband Service Finally Arrives
- Boosting Rural Broadband Connectivity
- Pulsed RF Power Semiconductors are Moving Upward as Defense Spending and Air Traffic Control Improvements Increase