Ericsson Boosts Wi-Fi Calling by Connecting Calls to Non-SIM Tablets and Computers
Last week, Ericsson, one of the early supporters of Wi-Fi calling, introduced a new, multi-device capability to the market that further increases the desirability of Wi-Fi calling services for both subscribers and operators alike. The new capability extends operators voice offerings to non-SIM Wi-Fi-only devices, like tablets and laptops, and allows the use of a single phone number per subscriber. ABI Insight looks at the new capability and what it means for the market going forward.
To find out more about subscribing:
- 5G Emerging as Competitive Arena for Mobile Broadband, Cable, and Fixed Wireless
- Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
- RF Power Semiconductors Have Just Become a More Complex Business
- RF Power Semiconductor Devices for Mobile Wireless Infrastructure: Device Analysis for Macro Base Stations, Remote Radio Heads and Active
- The Quest for the Perfect VRAN