Algorithms and Lawsuits - CE face biometrics taking a hit
Facebook has managed to attract not one or two but three class-action lawsuits based on rising concerns regarding the company’s use of facial biometric algorithms on users’ uploaded pictures and the subsequent collection of their users’ face biometric data. This whole ordeal will put additional pressure on other companies wishing to implement face biometrics to boost their existing services.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Government & Healthcare ID Cards
- Mobile Identities and Derived Credentials
- Contactless Ticketing Smart Card Technologies
- The IT versus OT Conundrum Brings New Cybersecurity Challenges for Connected Industrial Control Systems
- Payment & Banking Card Technologies Market Update