Boost for law enforcement face biometrics - but at what cost?
Recent market security trends, combined with governmental and proprietary investments, have given a significant boost to the use of other modalities such as face and iris biometrics by law enforcement agencies. However, many continue to believe that the threshold of what passes for “lawful use of surveillance” for the purposes of public safety and security continues to border alarmingly on “improper use.”
To find out more about subscribing:
- Next-Generation Physical Access Control Technologies and Opportunities
- Why Operators Should Reposition as “eSIM Companies”
- TfL Figures Demonstrate the Mobile Potential
- FPC Brings China’s First Biometric Contactless Payment Card: What Does the Future Hold?
- What is The True Cost of Rectifying a Security Flaw/Breach?