MIT’s “SLAM Aware” Object Recognition Research Highlights Robotics’ Trends and Opportunities
MIT researchers have developed a vision-based “SLAM aware,” object recognition system that performs better than conventional methods. In doing so, they join an increasing number of research centers and commercial firms utilizing inexpensive vision systems, supported by software, to provide functionality that previously could only be had using more costly, less flexible, hardware technologies.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Robotics Investment Monitor
- Exoskeletons for Industrial Use Cases
- Democratizing Robotics Will Lead to Supply Chain Internalization
- The Mobile Robot Space is Quickly Getting Crowded: Collaboration, Commoditization, and Consolidation to Follow
- 5G for Critical Communications in Outdoor Robots