MIT’s “SLAM Aware” Object Recognition Research Highlights Robotics’ Trends and Opportunities
MIT researchers have developed a vision-based “SLAM aware,” object recognition system that performs better than conventional methods. In doing so, they join an increasing number of research centers and commercial firms utilizing inexpensive vision systems, supported by software, to provide functionality that previously could only be had using more costly, less flexible, hardware technologies.
To find out more about subscribing:
- A Closer Look at Cloud Robotics – The Distant Future of Robotics
- Despite Considerable Investment, The Personal Robot Market is Struggling
- Machine Vision and the Impact of Artificial Intelligence
- AI and Machine Learning Bring CE-Grade Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management to Any Industry
- The Small Unmanned Aerial System Ecosystem