MIT’s “SLAM Aware” Object Recognition Research Highlights Robotics’ Trends and Opportunities
MIT researchers have developed a vision-based “SLAM aware,” object recognition system that performs better than conventional methods. In doing so, they join an increasing number of research centers and commercial firms utilizing inexpensive vision systems, supported by software, to provide functionality that previously could only be had using more costly, less flexible, hardware technologies.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Commercial and Collaborative Robots for E-Commerce
- The Small Unmanned Aerial System Ecosystem
- The 3D Vertical Environment: Where Drones Really Become Valuable
- AI-Enabled Robotic Automation for New Workforce Efficiencies
- Robotics and AI Evolution in the Chinese E-Commerce Fulfillment Market