MIT’s “SLAM Aware” Object Recognition Research Highlights Robotics’ Trends and Opportunities
MIT researchers have developed a vision-based “SLAM aware,” object recognition system that performs better than conventional methods. In doing so, they join an increasing number of research centers and commercial firms utilizing inexpensive vision systems, supported by software, to provide functionality that previously could only be had using more costly, less flexible, hardware technologies.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Disruption from the East: China and South Korea Going from Laggards to Leaders in Robotics Market
- Key Takeaways from 2018 for the Drone Industry
- Robotics for Construction & Extraction
- Key Trends in Industrial Robotics Underlie Diversification, Increased Sophistication, and National Competition
- The Year 2019 Should Be One of General Manipulation in Robotics