Technicolor and Cisco Drive Home Gateways Closer Together (Part 2, Boxes)
Technicolor’s acquisition of the cable set-top box operations from Cisco, following the ARRIS acquisition of Pace, creates some leaders in a highly fragmented market. Similar to recent consolidation in the CPE semiconductor market, the race is on to offer service providers an entryway to the connected home.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Pay TV and OTT Piracy Prevention Services: 2018 Update
- The Support for Higher Level DRM Is Now a Must for All Smartphone Vendors
- Liberty Global Set to Drive Cloud DVR Market
- Facebook Announces Stand-Alone 6DoF HMD, Oculus Quest
- Thoughts on the Future of TV and Video