For Amazon, “Strategic” Robotic Technologies Supporting E-fulfillment Automation Leads to Profitability
Amazon’s fulfillment costs as a percentage of revenue have been a perpetual drag on profitability. The company’s management bet that robotics and other forms of automation technology would reduce the costs and increase the efficiency of fulfillment operations, and this would have a significant positive effect on Amazon’s profitability. They were correct.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Robotics: Autonomy Solution Providers
- Disruption from the East: China and South Korea Going from Laggards to Leaders in Robotics Market
- Key Takeaways from 2018 for the Drone Industry
- Robotics for Construction & Extraction
- Key Trends in Industrial Robotics Underlie Diversification, Increased Sophistication, and National Competition