For Amazon, “Strategic” Robotic Technologies Supporting E-fulfillment Automation Leads to Profitability
Amazon’s fulfillment costs as a percentage of revenue have been a perpetual drag on profitability. The company’s management bet that robotics and other forms of automation technology would reduce the costs and increase the efficiency of fulfillment operations, and this would have a significant positive effect on Amazon’s profitability. They were correct.
To find out more about subscribing:
- The Small Unmanned Aerial System Ecosystem
- Third-Party Integrators and Technology Providers Are Essential to the adoption of Cobots.
- The Use Case of Cognitive Systems in Collaborative Robotics
- Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, and Robotics in Brick and Mortar Retail
- The Boston Robotics Summit: The U.S. Robotics Community Showcases Breakthroughs in Mobility, Increased Optimism, and the Underlying Strength of the Industry