For Amazon, “Strategic” Robotic Technologies Supporting E-fulfillment Automation Leads to Profitability
Amazon’s fulfillment costs as a percentage of revenue have been a perpetual drag on profitability. The company’s management bet that robotics and other forms of automation technology would reduce the costs and increase the efficiency of fulfillment operations, and this would have a significant positive effect on Amazon’s profitability. They were correct.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Exoskeletons for Industrial Use Cases
- Democratizing Robotics Will Lead to Supply Chain Internalization
- The Mobile Robot Space is Quickly Getting Crowded: Collaboration, Commoditization, and Consolidation to Follow
- 5G for Critical Communications in Outdoor Robots
- Robotics in E-Commerce Fulfillment