For Amazon, “Strategic” Robotic Technologies Supporting E-fulfillment Automation Leads to Profitability
Amazon’s fulfillment costs as a percentage of revenue have been a perpetual drag on profitability. The company’s management bet that robotics and other forms of automation technology would reduce the costs and increase the efficiency of fulfillment operations, and this would have a significant positive effect on Amazon’s profitability. They were correct.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Commercial and Collaborative Robots for E-Commerce
- The Small Unmanned Aerial System Ecosystem
- The 3D Vertical Environment: Where Drones Really Become Valuable
- AI-Enabled Robotic Automation for New Workforce Efficiencies
- Robotics and AI Evolution in the Chinese E-Commerce Fulfillment Market