China Lifts Ban on Game Consoles After 15 Years
China has fully lifted a ban on game consoles that has been in place since 2000. Since January 2014, companies were only permitted to do business in the Shanghai Free Trade Zone, but now are free to manufacture and sell consoles throughout the country. This ABI Research Insight looks at the game console market in China.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Content Piracy Is an Increasing Threat to Pay TV and OTT
- VR Market Update: Current State and Future of Virtual Reality
- Disney+ Coming, ESPN+ Clears 1 Million Subs, and Other SVOD Growth
- Mobile-First Video Services: Pay TV, OTT, Mobile-First
- “Alexa, Record Next Week’s Show and Order That Actor's Shirt”