China Lifts Ban on Game Consoles After 15 Years
China has fully lifted a ban on game consoles that has been in place since 2000. Since January 2014, companies were only permitted to do business in the Shanghai Free Trade Zone, but now are free to manufacture and sell consoles throughout the country. This ABI Research Insight looks at the game console market in China.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Super Bowl LII Promised Greater Augmented Reality Coverage, with a Possible Glimpse into the Future of Broadcast
- Two Takes at the Future of Interactive Video: Disney Planning a VR Short and Fable Looks to AI
- OTT and Multiscreen Market Update 2018
- Mobile-First Strategy for Video Streaming Services in Emerging Markets
- Next Generation Video and Content Delivery: 5G, Edge Computing, Mobile Edge Computing, and Information-Centric Networking