China Lifts Ban on Game Consoles After 15 Years
China has fully lifted a ban on game consoles that has been in place since 2000. Since January 2014, companies were only permitted to do business in the Shanghai Free Trade Zone, but now are free to manufacture and sell consoles throughout the country. This ABI Research Insight looks at the game console market in China.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Device Vendors Getting Ready for 5G Fixed Wireless Broadband Deployments
- Augmented and Virtual Reality in Education
- LTE and 5G Fixed Broadband Market Update
- Cloud Gaming Ramping Up with Google Stadia and Wide-Reaching, Multi-Market Impact
- Operators Embrace Next Generation Home-Networking Devices to Provide Robust Whole-Home Wi-Fi