Why Microsoft Chopped 7,000+ In Phone Refocus
Microsoft recently announced that it would lay off 7,800 employees and write down US$7.6 billion in the June 2015-ending quarter. Earlier in the same week of Microsoft’s business refocus announcement, Jolla announced that it was splitting off its hardware business into a separate entity so it could focus on the Sailfish OS. With these latest announcements, the mobile devices market is continuing to show that it is neither stagnant nor boring.
To find out more about subscribing:
- AI Chips in Smartphones Key to Boosting Machine Vision Adoption and Applications
- Smartphone OEMs Need to Review Strategies for 5G RFFE System Designs
- Intel Wants to Be First to Scale with 5G—Not First to Market
- Putting the eSIM Smartphone Impact into Perspective
- Smartwatch Vendors Look to Add More Healthcare Features for Use in Medical Trials