Rise of the Telco Drones
Drones are emerging as a viable alternative to time-consuming drive or walk testing and can eliminate or minimize dangerous tower climbs. Used with smartphones, they are powerful enough to collect, analyze, and upload real-time data which only a few years ago would have used laptops. Nokia Networks has collaborated with Ascom, DroneWorks, and Secutronic to use drones for network inspection, optimization, and radio site planning for du’s live network at the Dubai International Stadium. This ABI Insight breaks down the news and comments on the drones viability.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?