Rise of the Telco Drones
Drones are emerging as a viable alternative to time-consuming drive or walk testing and can eliminate or minimize dangerous tower climbs. Used with smartphones, they are powerful enough to collect, analyze, and upload real-time data which only a few years ago would have used laptops. Nokia Networks has collaborated with Ascom, DroneWorks, and Secutronic to use drones for network inspection, optimization, and radio site planning for du’s live network at the Dubai International Stadium. This ABI Insight breaks down the news and comments on the drones viability.
To find out more about subscribing:
- 5G Emerging as Competitive Arena for Mobile Broadband, Cable, and Fixed Wireless
- Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
- RF Power Semiconductors Have Just Become a More Complex Business
- RF Power Semiconductor Devices for Mobile Wireless Infrastructure: Device Analysis for Macro Base Stations, Remote Radio Heads and Active
- The Quest for the Perfect VRAN