Rise of the Telco Drones
Drones are emerging as a viable alternative to time-consuming drive or walk testing and can eliminate or minimize dangerous tower climbs. Used with smartphones, they are powerful enough to collect, analyze, and upload real-time data which only a few years ago would have used laptops. Nokia Networks has collaborated with Ascom, DroneWorks, and Secutronic to use drones for network inspection, optimization, and radio site planning for du’s live network at the Dubai International Stadium. This ABI Insight breaks down the news and comments on the drones viability.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Intel Wants to Be First to Scale with 5G—Not First to Market
- Transformative Horizon: Indoor Wireless Networks
- 5G Fixed Wireless Broadband Service Finally Arrives
- Boosting Rural Broadband Connectivity
- Pulsed RF Power Semiconductors are Moving Upward as Defense Spending and Air Traffic Control Improvements Increase