Without Service Assurance, Voice Over Whatever Is Just Theater
Voice over Wi-Fi is here, and operators will not have the luxury of just putting in a “Best Effort,” which really means “No Effort,” and still provide a carrier-grade calling experience. The history of consumer Wi-Fi suggests many rocks lie in wait in the turbulent steam of consumer Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWi-Fi), and the wise operator will put in place a capable Service Assurance Strategy or else face degradation of its brand equity. A secure Wi-Fi offering smooth handovers with LTE and end-to-end Service Assurance should be part of the operator’s arsenal to compete with the OTT player.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Networks Bi-Annual Update
- Indoor Wireless to 5G: From DAS to Small Cells
- Huawei and ZTE Ban in Australia Will Affect the Global Market
- High Power RF Power Semiconductors for Pulsed Applications Market Data: For the L-Band, S-Band, Avionics and Sub-1 GHz Markets
- Fiber-optic is Important for 5G, but Operators Will Need a Range of Options