Without Service Assurance, Voice Over Whatever Is Just Theater
Voice over Wi-Fi is here, and operators will not have the luxury of just putting in a “Best Effort,” which really means “No Effort,” and still provide a carrier-grade calling experience. The history of consumer Wi-Fi suggests many rocks lie in wait in the turbulent steam of consumer Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWi-Fi), and the wise operator will put in place a capable Service Assurance Strategy or else face degradation of its brand equity. A secure Wi-Fi offering smooth handovers with LTE and end-to-end Service Assurance should be part of the operator’s arsenal to compete with the OTT player.
To find out more about subscribing:
- 5G Economics: Where is the Industry Heading?
- Despite the Upcoming Data Demand Boom in India, 5G Will Appear Just After 2021
- How Will Huawei Survive in the Current Hostile Global Environment?
- Microwave and Millimeter Wave Vacuum Electron Devices Top US$1 Billion Again
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger Clears Hurdle, as Huawei Is Shunned