Reserve Bank of India “Recommends” EMV Migration
The Reserve Bank of India released a statement recommending that all issuers of credit and debit cards (including domestic cards) should begin shifting mag-stripe card portfolios over to the EMV specification. The advice provides an opportunity for those issuers who wish to act upon it to move ahead of the technology curve before an inevitable EMV migration mandate comes into play, but for now a level of patience is required.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Identities and Derived Credentials
- Contactless Ticketing Smart Card Technologies
- The IT versus OT Conundrum Brings New Cybersecurity Challenges for Connected Industrial Control Systems
- Payment & Banking Card Technologies Market Update
- eSIM: Consumer, M2M, and IoT Market Update