Altice to Acquire Portugal Telecom
French telecommunications company Altice announced in early June 2015 that it has completed the acquisition of Portugal Telecom from Brazilian telecommunication company Oi in a deal worth US$8.26 billion. While it’s not known exactly what the final impact of this deal will be, changes are expected in the Portuguese fixed-line market in 2015.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Device Vendors Getting Ready for 5G Fixed Wireless Broadband Deployments
- Augmented and Virtual Reality in Education
- LTE and 5G Fixed Broadband Market Update
- Cloud Gaming Ramping Up with Google Stadia and Wide-Reaching, Multi-Market Impact
- Operators Embrace Next Generation Home-Networking Devices to Provide Robust Whole-Home Wi-Fi