Altice to Acquire Portugal Telecom
French telecommunications company Altice announced in early June 2015 that it has completed the acquisition of Portugal Telecom from Brazilian telecommunication company Oi in a deal worth US$8.26 billion. While it’s not known exactly what the final impact of this deal will be, changes are expected in the Portuguese fixed-line market in 2015.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Content Piracy Is an Increasing Threat to Pay TV and OTT
- VR Market Update: Current State and Future of Virtual Reality
- Disney+ Coming, ESPN+ Clears 1 Million Subs, and Other SVOD Growth
- Mobile-First Video Services: Pay TV, OTT, Mobile-First
- “Alexa, Record Next Week’s Show and Order That Actor's Shirt”