Wireless Infrastructure Semiconductors and the Intel / Altera Deal
Although the announced rationale for Intel’s Altera acquisition targeted the data center and IoT segments of the semiconductor market, the implications for the wireless semiconductor market point to Intel’s long term road map for the wireless infrastructure segment and previews its position for C-RAN (Centralized or Cloud RAN), virtualization, MEC (Mobile Edge Computing), and 5G.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Networks Bi-Annual Update
- Indoor Wireless to 5G: From DAS to Small Cells
- Huawei and ZTE Ban in Australia Will Affect the Global Market
- High Power RF Power Semiconductors for Pulsed Applications Market Data: For the L-Band, S-Band, Avionics and Sub-1 GHz Markets
- Fiber-optic is Important for 5G, but Operators Will Need a Range of Options