Wireless Infrastructure Semiconductors and the Intel / Altera Deal
Although the announced rationale for Intel’s Altera acquisition targeted the data center and IoT segments of the semiconductor market, the implications for the wireless semiconductor market point to Intel’s long term road map for the wireless infrastructure segment and previews its position for C-RAN (Centralized or Cloud RAN), virtualization, MEC (Mobile Edge Computing), and 5G.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?