Wireless Infrastructure Semiconductors and the Intel / Altera Deal
Although the announced rationale for Intel’s Altera acquisition targeted the data center and IoT segments of the semiconductor market, the implications for the wireless semiconductor market point to Intel’s long term road map for the wireless infrastructure segment and previews its position for C-RAN (Centralized or Cloud RAN), virtualization, MEC (Mobile Edge Computing), and 5G.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
- RF Power Semiconductors Have Just Become a More Complex Business
- RF Power Semiconductor Devices for Mobile Wireless Infrastructure: Device Analysis for Macro Base Stations, Remote Radio Heads and Active
- The Quest for the Perfect VRAN
- Indoor, Outdoor, and IoT Network Infrastructure