Small Cells Pave The Road to 5G
SK Telecom recently revealed that with the expected migration to higher frequencies in the next generation of mobile networks, a dense HetNet structure of small cells and Wi-Fi on top of LTE-A macro RAN is inevitable. Sharing of sites, equipment, backhaul, and radio, and adopting a neutral host structure are necessary to ease rollout challenges, reduce interference and network management problems, and create a true HetNet structure.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Networks Bi-Annual Update
- Indoor Wireless to 5G: From DAS to Small Cells
- Huawei and ZTE Ban in Australia Will Affect the Global Market
- High Power RF Power Semiconductors for Pulsed Applications Market Data: For the L-Band, S-Band, Avionics and Sub-1 GHz Markets
- Fiber-optic is Important for 5G, but Operators Will Need a Range of Options