Small Cells Pave The Road to 5G
SK Telecom recently revealed that with the expected migration to higher frequencies in the next generation of mobile networks, a dense HetNet structure of small cells and Wi-Fi on top of LTE-A macro RAN is inevitable. Sharing of sites, equipment, backhaul, and radio, and adopting a neutral host structure are necessary to ease rollout challenges, reduce interference and network management problems, and create a true HetNet structure.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?