Small Cells Pave The Road to 5G
SK Telecom recently revealed that with the expected migration to higher frequencies in the next generation of mobile networks, a dense HetNet structure of small cells and Wi-Fi on top of LTE-A macro RAN is inevitable. Sharing of sites, equipment, backhaul, and radio, and adopting a neutral host structure are necessary to ease rollout challenges, reduce interference and network management problems, and create a true HetNet structure.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
- RF Power Semiconductors Have Just Become a More Complex Business
- RF Power Semiconductor Devices for Mobile Wireless Infrastructure: Device Analysis for Macro Base Stations, Remote Radio Heads and Active
- The Quest for the Perfect VRAN
- Indoor, Outdoor, and IoT Network Infrastructure