CableLabs Challenges LTE-U / Wi-Fi Coexistence with Real-life Trialing
CableLabs, which acts as a research-and-development association for the cable industry, wants to conduct a 24-month real-life experiment on the implications of LTE-U and Wi-Fi sharing the same spectrum. Without a fair coexistence mechanism in place, LTE-U, implemented on small-cell equipment, presents a threat not only to Wi-Fi but also to the small-cell market.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?