Toyota–Lexus to “Explore” Incorporating Ford’s SmartDeviceLink in Future Vehicles
Less than a week after GM promised Apple CarPlay and Android Auto on Chevrolet and Opel models, two of the world’s largest mass-market OEMs look to provide their own smartphone integration standards. No real commitment has been made by either brand, just a promise by Toyota to explore the inclusion of SDL on as yet unnamed future vehicles.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Off-loading Onboard Computing in Driverless Vehicles: Role of HD Maps, 5G, and the (Edge) Cloud
- ARM Announces New Automotive Solutions, Highlights Importance of Efficiency
- Autotalks Adopts a Dual Support Approach for V2X, But the Industry Needs Simultaneous Operation
- Toyota Invests US$500 Million in Uber Self-Driving, Highlights Mobility through Collaboration Approach
- Simulation is the Key to Industrializing AI in Automotive