Apple Acquires AR firm Metaio, and Google Pushes VR
Apple solidifies an entrance into the AR market with its acquisition of Metaio, and Google expands its offerings in the VR space at Google I / O. The involvement of more major tech companies in these verticals should bring a sense of maturity to an up-and-coming space.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Two Takes at the Future of Interactive Video: Disney Planning a VR Short and Fable Looks to AI
- OTT and Multiscreen Market Update 2018
- Mobile-First Strategy for Video Streaming Services in Emerging Markets
- Next Generation Video and Content Delivery: 5G, Edge Computing, Mobile Edge Computing, and Information-Centric Networking
- Over the Top (OTT) and Multiscreen Video and Digital Content