Apple Acquires AR firm Metaio, and Google Pushes VR
Apple solidifies an entrance into the AR market with its acquisition of Metaio, and Google expands its offerings in the VR space at Google I / O. The involvement of more major tech companies in these verticals should bring a sense of maturity to an up-and-coming space.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Pay TV and OTT Piracy Prevention Services: 2018 Update
- The Support for Higher Level DRM Is Now a Must for All Smartphone Vendors
- Liberty Global Set to Drive Cloud DVR Market
- Facebook Announces Stand-Alone 6DoF HMD, Oculus Quest
- Thoughts on the Future of TV and Video