SIM Card (in)Security and IoT
Researcher Karsten Nohl presented different ways to hack SIM cards and the measures that needed to be taken to bridge that security gap. Snowden’s leaked files portrayed SIM card vulnerabilities. Gemalto’s hack seemed predetermined by secret intelligence agencies. Despite the security threats, however, the SIM card must be able to adapt and survive for the foreseeable future. Assuming that cybersecurity threats concerning SIMs can be mitigated or at least contained the SIM will play a crucial role in the upcoming IoT ecosystem.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Identities and Derived Credentials
- Contactless Ticketing Smart Card Technologies
- The IT versus OT Conundrum Brings New Cybersecurity Challenges for Connected Industrial Control Systems
- Payment & Banking Card Technologies Market Update
- eSIM: Consumer, M2M, and IoT Market Update