What’s All the Fuss with LTE-U? Just Follow the Money
The LTE-U / LAA debate heats up and raises the Noise Floor, reducing the Signal-to-Noise ratio and leading to diminished signal quality. Many of the arguments pro and con wash over critical issues that come to light when one follows the Hollywood dictum, “Follow the Money.” FRND IPR royalties aside, the concentration of IPR and the impact to infrastructure sunk CapEx make LTE in unlicensed spectrum at best an odious proposition for many in the ecosystem.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
- RF Power Semiconductors Have Just Become a More Complex Business
- RF Power Semiconductor Devices for Mobile Wireless Infrastructure: Device Analysis for Macro Base Stations, Remote Radio Heads and Active
- The Quest for the Perfect VRAN
- Indoor, Outdoor, and IoT Network Infrastructure