What’s All the Fuss with LTE-U? Just Follow the Money
The LTE-U / LAA debate heats up and raises the Noise Floor, reducing the Signal-to-Noise ratio and leading to diminished signal quality. Many of the arguments pro and con wash over critical issues that come to light when one follows the Hollywood dictum, “Follow the Money.” FRND IPR royalties aside, the concentration of IPR and the impact to infrastructure sunk CapEx make LTE in unlicensed spectrum at best an odious proposition for many in the ecosystem.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Networks Bi-Annual Update
- Indoor Wireless to 5G: From DAS to Small Cells
- Huawei and ZTE Ban in Australia Will Affect the Global Market
- High Power RF Power Semiconductors for Pulsed Applications Market Data: For the L-Band, S-Band, Avionics and Sub-1 GHz Markets
- Fiber-optic is Important for 5G, but Operators Will Need a Range of Options