What’s All the Fuss with LTE-U? Just Follow the Money
The LTE-U / LAA debate heats up and raises the Noise Floor, reducing the Signal-to-Noise ratio and leading to diminished signal quality. Many of the arguments pro and con wash over critical issues that come to light when one follows the Hollywood dictum, “Follow the Money.” FRND IPR royalties aside, the concentration of IPR and the impact to infrastructure sunk CapEx make LTE in unlicensed spectrum at best an odious proposition for many in the ecosystem.
To find out more about subscribing:
- 5G Economics: Where is the Industry Heading?
- Despite the Upcoming Data Demand Boom in India, 5G Will Appear Just After 2021
- How Will Huawei Survive in the Current Hostile Global Environment?
- Microwave and Millimeter Wave Vacuum Electron Devices Top US$1 Billion Again
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger Clears Hurdle, as Huawei Is Shunned