What’s All the Fuss with LTE-U? Just Follow the Money
The LTE-U / LAA debate heats up and raises the Noise Floor, reducing the Signal-to-Noise ratio and leading to diminished signal quality. Many of the arguments pro and con wash over critical issues that come to light when one follows the Hollywood dictum, “Follow the Money.” FRND IPR royalties aside, the concentration of IPR and the impact to infrastructure sunk CapEx make LTE in unlicensed spectrum at best an odious proposition for many in the ecosystem.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?