Serving and Monetizing the Unserved Billions, Part 2
Reaching the unserved billions with affordable Internet access remains a challenge, but some companies see a pot of gold if they can affordably pull this off. Satellite, balloon, and drone delivery of Internet service does not exist in a vacuum, as potential subscribers have alternatives. Mobile broadband is delivered by 3G and 4G cellular services, and market penetration is determined by coverage and handset pricing. The availability of 3G and 4G significantly reduces the TAM for these services. While the TAM might be billions and billions, the SOM is probably in the low hundreds of millions.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Networks Bi-Annual Update
- Indoor Wireless to 5G: From DAS to Small Cells
- Huawei and ZTE Ban in Australia Will Affect the Global Market
- High Power RF Power Semiconductors for Pulsed Applications Market Data: For the L-Band, S-Band, Avionics and Sub-1 GHz Markets
- Fiber-optic is Important for 5G, but Operators Will Need a Range of Options