Serving and Monetizing the Unserved Billions, Part 2
Reaching the unserved billions with affordable Internet access remains a challenge, but some companies see a pot of gold if they can affordably pull this off. Satellite, balloon, and drone delivery of Internet service does not exist in a vacuum, as potential subscribers have alternatives. Mobile broadband is delivered by 3G and 4G cellular services, and market penetration is determined by coverage and handset pricing. The availability of 3G and 4G significantly reduces the TAM for these services. While the TAM might be billions and billions, the SOM is probably in the low hundreds of millions.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?