Serving and Monetizing the Unserved Billions, Part 2
Reaching the unserved billions with affordable Internet access remains a challenge, but some companies see a pot of gold if they can affordably pull this off. Satellite, balloon, and drone delivery of Internet service does not exist in a vacuum, as potential subscribers have alternatives. Mobile broadband is delivered by 3G and 4G cellular services, and market penetration is determined by coverage and handset pricing. The availability of 3G and 4G significantly reduces the TAM for these services. While the TAM might be billions and billions, the SOM is probably in the low hundreds of millions.
To find out more about subscribing:
- 5G Economics: Where is the Industry Heading?
- Despite the Upcoming Data Demand Boom in India, 5G Will Appear Just After 2021
- How Will Huawei Survive in the Current Hostile Global Environment?
- Microwave and Millimeter Wave Vacuum Electron Devices Top US$1 Billion Again
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger Clears Hurdle, as Huawei Is Shunned