Canadians to Get Pick-and-pay TV Packages
In March 2015, the Canadian Regulator CRTC announced its decision to require pay-TV operators to offer a basic TV package at a much lower price per month than is currently available to consumers, with the option to add channels via a pick-and-pay model for an additional price. Whether the new pricing system really benefits consumers or not will be known only when the detail pricing on additional channels is released.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Two Takes at the Future of Interactive Video: Disney Planning a VR Short and Fable Looks to AI
- OTT and Multiscreen Market Update 2018
- Mobile-First Strategy for Video Streaming Services in Emerging Markets
- Next Generation Video and Content Delivery: 5G, Edge Computing, Mobile Edge Computing, and Information-Centric Networking
- Over the Top (OTT) and Multiscreen Video and Digital Content