Telecom Game of Thrones: No Red Wedding for Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
As telecom markets head into 4G maturity, Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent will merge into the number two powerhouse with scale economies necessary to thrive. Alcatel-Lucent’s networking solutions will equip the merged entity to compete fiercely as telecoms head into web-scale networks of distributed computing with radios attached. While largely complementary, integrating the radio and small cell portfolios presents a major challenge. In this Insight, ABI Research points out redundancies and synergies as the firm heads toward 900 million euros annual savings by 2019.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
- RF Power Semiconductors Have Just Become a More Complex Business
- RF Power Semiconductor Devices for Mobile Wireless Infrastructure: Device Analysis for Macro Base Stations, Remote Radio Heads and Active
- The Quest for the Perfect VRAN
- Indoor, Outdoor, and IoT Network Infrastructure