Telecom Game of Thrones: No Red Wedding for Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
As telecom markets head into 4G maturity, Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent will merge into the number two powerhouse with scale economies necessary to thrive. Alcatel-Lucent’s networking solutions will equip the merged entity to compete fiercely as telecoms head into web-scale networks of distributed computing with radios attached. While largely complementary, integrating the radio and small cell portfolios presents a major challenge. In this Insight, ABI Research points out redundancies and synergies as the firm heads toward 900 million euros annual savings by 2019.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?