Telecom Game of Thrones: No Red Wedding for Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
As telecom markets head into 4G maturity, Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent will merge into the number two powerhouse with scale economies necessary to thrive. Alcatel-Lucent’s networking solutions will equip the merged entity to compete fiercely as telecoms head into web-scale networks of distributed computing with radios attached. While largely complementary, integrating the radio and small cell portfolios presents a major challenge. In this Insight, ABI Research points out redundancies and synergies as the firm heads toward 900 million euros annual savings by 2019.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Networks Bi-Annual Update
- Indoor Wireless to 5G: From DAS to Small Cells
- Huawei and ZTE Ban in Australia Will Affect the Global Market
- High Power RF Power Semiconductors for Pulsed Applications Market Data: For the L-Band, S-Band, Avionics and Sub-1 GHz Markets
- Fiber-optic is Important for 5G, but Operators Will Need a Range of Options