BMW’s “World’s First Mobile Femtocell”: A Practical Solution or a Marketing Gimmick?
German automobile manufacturer BMW has launched a research project aimed at leveraging the use of small cells in cars to improve mobile connectivity for drivers and passengers. But considering the available solutions already on the market, BMW’s Vehicular Small Cell has yet to provide a significant advantage over the rest in terms of connectivity.
To find out more about subscribing:
- 5G Emerging as Competitive Arena for Mobile Broadband, Cable, and Fixed Wireless
- Smart Mobility and Automotive Semi-Annual Update
- Is There a Need for Remote Control for Autonomous Vehicles?
- Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
- OEMs Must Invest in Regional Ridesharing Providers Now to Establish Smart Mobility Business in the Future