BMW’s “World’s First Mobile Femtocell”: A Practical Solution or a Marketing Gimmick?
German automobile manufacturer BMW has launched a research project aimed at leveraging the use of small cells in cars to improve mobile connectivity for drivers and passengers. But considering the available solutions already on the market, BMW’s Vehicular Small Cell has yet to provide a significant advantage over the rest in terms of connectivity.
To find out more about subscribing:
- ARM Announces New Automotive Solutions, Highlights Importance of Efficiency
- Autotalks Adopts a Dual Support Approach for V2X, But the Industry Needs Simultaneous Operation
- Mobile Networks Bi-Annual Update
- Toyota Invests US$500 Million in Uber Self-Driving, Highlights Mobility through Collaboration Approach
- Indoor Wireless to 5G: From DAS to Small Cells