BMW’s “World’s First Mobile Femtocell”: A Practical Solution or a Marketing Gimmick?
German automobile manufacturer BMW has launched a research project aimed at leveraging the use of small cells in cars to improve mobile connectivity for drivers and passengers. But considering the available solutions already on the market, BMW’s Vehicular Small Cell has yet to provide a significant advantage over the rest in terms of connectivity.
To find out more about subscribing:
- SAE “Level 2+”: Where Future Driverless Ambitions Meet Today’s Market Realities
- 5G Economics: Where is the Industry Heading?
- Despite the Upcoming Data Demand Boom in India, 5G Will Appear Just After 2021
- How Will Huawei Survive in the Current Hostile Global Environment?
- Connected Car Market Data