BMW’s “World’s First Mobile Femtocell”: A Practical Solution or a Marketing Gimmick?
German automobile manufacturer BMW has launched a research project aimed at leveraging the use of small cells in cars to improve mobile connectivity for drivers and passengers. But considering the available solutions already on the market, BMW’s Vehicular Small Cell has yet to provide a significant advantage over the rest in terms of connectivity.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Industrial 5G at Hannover Messe
- Google and Amazon Ready to Push Solutions from Consumer Market to Automotive
- The Balance between Risk Mitigation and Smoother 5G Deployments in the European Union
- Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Announces New Cloud Platform on Microsoft Azure as OEMs Shift toward Public Cloud Platforms
- 5G Millimeter-Wave Developments