BMW’s “World’s First Mobile Femtocell”: A Practical Solution or a Marketing Gimmick?
German automobile manufacturer BMW has launched a research project aimed at leveraging the use of small cells in cars to improve mobile connectivity for drivers and passengers. But considering the available solutions already on the market, BMW’s Vehicular Small Cell has yet to provide a significant advantage over the rest in terms of connectivity.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Door Wide Open for Fleet Maintenance Providers in Automotive Market
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- Automotive Sensor Data Crowdsourcing: Leveraging Automotive Megatrends to Transform Connected Car Services
- Transformative Connected Car Services Built on Data Crowdsourcing
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?