AT&T Backs Off Small Cell Deployment
AT&T Mobility announced that it is no longer targeting the deployment of 40,000 small cells by the end of 2015. This target, which was part of its Project Velocity IP initiative, has been dropped. Although the company has deployed small cells in 48 states, Puerto Rico, and the District so far, it is likely a combination of CAPEX reduction, acquired spectrum and macrocells, and the diminishing returns to be gained from continuing with the plan that caused this change in focus.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?