AT&T Backs Off Small Cell Deployment
AT&T Mobility announced that it is no longer targeting the deployment of 40,000 small cells by the end of 2015. This target, which was part of its Project Velocity IP initiative, has been dropped. Although the company has deployed small cells in 48 states, Puerto Rico, and the District so far, it is likely a combination of CAPEX reduction, acquired spectrum and macrocells, and the diminishing returns to be gained from continuing with the plan that caused this change in focus.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Networks Bi-Annual Update
- Indoor Wireless to 5G: From DAS to Small Cells
- Huawei and ZTE Ban in Australia Will Affect the Global Market
- High Power RF Power Semiconductors for Pulsed Applications Market Data: For the L-Band, S-Band, Avionics and Sub-1 GHz Markets
- Fiber-optic is Important for 5G, but Operators Will Need a Range of Options