AT&T Backs Off Small Cell Deployment
AT&T Mobility announced that it is no longer targeting the deployment of 40,000 small cells by the end of 2015. This target, which was part of its Project Velocity IP initiative, has been dropped. Although the company has deployed small cells in 48 states, Puerto Rico, and the District so far, it is likely a combination of CAPEX reduction, acquired spectrum and macrocells, and the diminishing returns to be gained from continuing with the plan that caused this change in focus.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
- RF Power Semiconductors Have Just Become a More Complex Business
- RF Power Semiconductor Devices for Mobile Wireless Infrastructure: Device Analysis for Macro Base Stations, Remote Radio Heads and Active
- The Quest for the Perfect VRAN
- Indoor, Outdoor, and IoT Network Infrastructure