SDN / NFV: Resistance Is Futile, You Will Be Virtualized
Packet Core, DPI, video optimization—it’s all Intel Inside, though some supplement with network processors. With everyone running the same processors, all have similar performances. It is unlikely that Swedish, Finnish, French, or Chinese programmers produce significantly better code than their counterparts, so we expect to see comparable performances when running on comparable infrastructures. With virtualization at hand, the purpose-built-infrastructure vendors face strong headwinds, but they see this coming and have virtualization plans going forward.
To find out more about subscribing:
- MSPs Will Lose New Opportunities Unless They Change Their Market Perspective
- Telco Infrastructure Vendors Need to Ride a Wave of Creative Destruction to Address Industrial Verticals
- Vendors Are Now Using Private LTE as a Trojan Horse to Enter Industry Verticals
- Mobile Service Providers Can Use Payment and Finance as Building Blocks for the Digital World
- AI in Telecoms - Bounded Rationality or Wider Ecosystem Game Changer?