SDN / NFV: Resistance Is Futile, You Will Be Virtualized
Packet Core, DPI, video optimization—it’s all Intel Inside, though some supplement with network processors. With everyone running the same processors, all have similar performances. It is unlikely that Swedish, Finnish, French, or Chinese programmers produce significantly better code than their counterparts, so we expect to see comparable performances when running on comparable infrastructures. With virtualization at hand, the purpose-built-infrastructure vendors face strong headwinds, but they see this coming and have virtualization plans going forward.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Carrier Strategies for Private LTE
- The Public Cloud, a Telco's Friend or Foe?
- What Lessons Must 5G Learn to Conquer End Vertical Markets?
- MVNO Exit Highlights Difficulties for Brazilian Mobile Network Operators
- Telcos' Strategies for Digital Transformation