SDN / NFV: Resistance Is Futile, You Will Be Virtualized
Packet Core, DPI, video optimization—it’s all Intel Inside, though some supplement with network processors. With everyone running the same processors, all have similar performances. It is unlikely that Swedish, Finnish, French, or Chinese programmers produce significantly better code than their counterparts, so we expect to see comparable performances when running on comparable infrastructures. With virtualization at hand, the purpose-built-infrastructure vendors face strong headwinds, but they see this coming and have virtualization plans going forward.
To find out more about subscribing:
- MSPs Must Use Startups as an Asset for their UnTelco Strategy
- Vodafone and Alibaba Highlight Importance of Partnerships in the UnTelco Race
- Network Slicing: Commercial Analysis and Enabling Technologies
- Telefonica is an UnTelco Example to Follow
- The UnTelco in Smart Home: Telco Opportunities and Market Activities