SDN / NFV: Resistance Is Futile, You Will Be Virtualized
Packet Core, DPI, video optimization—it’s all Intel Inside, though some supplement with network processors. With everyone running the same processors, all have similar performances. It is unlikely that Swedish, Finnish, French, or Chinese programmers produce significantly better code than their counterparts, so we expect to see comparable performances when running on comparable infrastructures. With virtualization at hand, the purpose-built-infrastructure vendors face strong headwinds, but they see this coming and have virtualization plans going forward.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Telco Innovation Benchmark: Winners and Losers in the Race to Future Revenues
- Software Licensing in NFV – Changing Business Models and GTM Best Practice
- Signaling in the Telco Cloud
- Edge Computing in Mobile Networks: Market Developments and Future Visions
- Webinar: NFV Case Studies in Asia-Pacific