SDN / NFV: Resistance Is Futile, You Will Be Virtualized
Packet Core, DPI, video optimization—it’s all Intel Inside, though some supplement with network processors. With everyone running the same processors, all have similar performances. It is unlikely that Swedish, Finnish, French, or Chinese programmers produce significantly better code than their counterparts, so we expect to see comparable performances when running on comparable infrastructures. With virtualization at hand, the purpose-built-infrastructure vendors face strong headwinds, but they see this coming and have virtualization plans going forward.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Use Cases in Telecoms
- Virtual Machines Are the Standard in Telco Cloud, But Containers Are the Future
- Orchestration and Automation for Telecom Networks
- What Lessons Can be Learned from Leading MSPs Teaming Up and Targeting the Identity Space?
- Artificial Intelligence Platforms for Telecom Networks