CES 2015: TV OS Fragmentation Continues
Smart TVs showcased four major operating system platforms: Tizen TV, Firefox OS, WebOS, and Android TV, each with unique hardware partners and user experiences. With four prominent operating systems, developers have to make a choice; devote more resources to develop the best experience possible on each platform, or choose one or two platforms to focus efforts and deliver a subpar experience on the other platforms.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Premium Range Smartphone OEM Strategies, Flexible Displays and 5G: A Triumvirate to Staunch the Declining Market?
- Mobile Devices, Features, and Technologies (Networks): Vendors, Trends, and Forecasts
- AI Chips in Smartphones Key to Boosting Machine Vision Adoption and Applications
- Smartphone OEMs Need to Review Strategies for 5G RFFE System Designs
- Intel Wants to Be First to Scale with 5G—Not First to Market