CES 2015: TV OS Fragmentation Continues
Smart TVs showcased four major operating system platforms: Tizen TV, Firefox OS, WebOS, and Android TV, each with unique hardware partners and user experiences. With four prominent operating systems, developers have to make a choice; devote more resources to develop the best experience possible on each platform, or choose one or two platforms to focus efforts and deliver a subpar experience on the other platforms.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Webinar: Mobile Innovation and Investment – Market Shapers and Laggards
- What’s Next for Display Technology in Smartphones?
- Brain-To-Machine UI: Enabling Technologies and Market Outlook
- Smartphone Artificial Intelligence Finds Its Calling in Cameras
- Has the Race to Launch the First 5G Smartphone Begun?