CES 2015: TV OS Fragmentation Continues
Smart TVs showcased four major operating system platforms: Tizen TV, Firefox OS, WebOS, and Android TV, each with unique hardware partners and user experiences. With four prominent operating systems, developers have to make a choice; devote more resources to develop the best experience possible on each platform, or choose one or two platforms to focus efforts and deliver a subpar experience on the other platforms.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Smartphone Market in Need of Key Transformative Technologies to Stimulate Replacement Cycles
- How Does Sony’s New Camera Sensor Fit into the Smartphone Camera Market?
- eSIM and The Consumer Market
- Emergent Mobile Device Technology Trend Analysis
- Emergent Mobile Device Technology Tracker