CES 2015: TV OS Fragmentation Continues
Smart TVs showcased four major operating system platforms: Tizen TV, Firefox OS, WebOS, and Android TV, each with unique hardware partners and user experiences. With four prominent operating systems, developers have to make a choice; devote more resources to develop the best experience possible on each platform, or choose one or two platforms to focus efforts and deliver a subpar experience on the other platforms.
To find out more about subscribing:
- eSIM In The Consumer & M2M Markets
- New Smartphone, Tablet, and Wearable Form Factors and Technologies
- Future Smartphone Market Set to Take a More Flexible Approach
- Google's Exploration into the Wearable World
- Gesture Control in Mobile Devices Galvanized by Google's Radar Technology Approval