CES 2015: TV OS Fragmentation Continues
Smart TVs showcased four major operating system platforms: Tizen TV, Firefox OS, WebOS, and Android TV, each with unique hardware partners and user experiences. With four prominent operating systems, developers have to make a choice; devote more resources to develop the best experience possible on each platform, or choose one or two platforms to focus efforts and deliver a subpar experience on the other platforms.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Transformative Consumer Device Features and Technologies
- Mobile Ecosystem Leaders and Laggards in the Post-Smartphone Era: An Analysis of Patents, R&D, and Collaborative Activities
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Teardown Summary Report
- Mobile Device Features, Pricing and Network Technologies: Vendors, Trends, and Forecasts
- Tablets Semiannual Update for 1H 2017