Community, Monetization, and Trust: Flickr and Destiny Ignite Fan Rage
Yahoo made a recent decision to begin selling wall art using Flickr member photos that were posted under the Creative Commons Attribution license (CC-BY). The controversy that has ensued from this has brought to light important considerations that companies must make when weighing the wishes of their shareholders versus those of their virtual communities.
To find out more about subscribing:
- VR Market Update: Current State and Future of Virtual Reality
- Disney+ Coming, ESPN+ Clears 1 Million Subs, and Other SVOD Growth
- Mobile-First Video Services: Pay TV, OTT, Mobile-First
- “Alexa, Record Next Week’s Show and Order That Actor's Shirt”
- Virtual Reality Company Tracker