Community, Monetization, and Trust: Flickr and Destiny Ignite Fan Rage
Yahoo made a recent decision to begin selling wall art using Flickr member photos that were posted under the Creative Commons Attribution license (CC-BY). The controversy that has ensued from this has brought to light important considerations that companies must make when weighing the wishes of their shareholders versus those of their virtual communities.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Advertising Technologies in Video Services
- Device Vendors Getting Ready for 5G Fixed Wireless Broadband Deployments
- Augmented and Virtual Reality in Education
- LTE and 5G Fixed Broadband Market Update
- Cloud Gaming Ramping Up with Google Stadia and Wide-Reaching, Multi-Market Impact