Community, Monetization, and Trust: Flickr and Destiny Ignite Fan Rage
Yahoo made a recent decision to begin selling wall art using Flickr member photos that were posted under the Creative Commons Attribution license (CC-BY). The controversy that has ensued from this has brought to light important considerations that companies must make when weighing the wishes of their shareholders versus those of their virtual communities.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Hot Tech Innovators: Virtual Reality
- The Future of VR: 2018 Outlook and Predictions
- 360 Video & Virtual Reality Devices and Services
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning in Video Services
- Residential Wi-Fi Mesh Gaining on the Back of Demand for Whole-Home Wi-Fi