Community, Monetization, and Trust: Flickr and Destiny Ignite Fan Rage
Yahoo made a recent decision to begin selling wall art using Flickr member photos that were posted under the Creative Commons Attribution license (CC-BY). The controversy that has ensued from this has brought to light important considerations that companies must make when weighing the wishes of their shareholders versus those of their virtual communities.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Two Takes at the Future of Interactive Video: Disney Planning a VR Short and Fable Looks to AI
- OTT and Multiscreen Market Update 2018
- Mobile-First Strategy for Video Streaming Services in Emerging Markets
- Next Generation Video and Content Delivery: 5G, Edge Computing, Mobile Edge Computing, and Information-Centric Networking
- Over the Top (OTT) and Multiscreen Video and Digital Content