Nest Labs Strikes Again: Good-bye Revolv
On October 24, 2014, Nest Labs announced its most recent acquisition: of start-up smart home hub manufacturer Revolv. Nest Labs plans to leverage the Revolv team’s expertise in wireless connectivity and smart home device integration to move forward its own agenda of integrating third-party devices manufactured by its partners to its own ecosystem using Wi-Fi and Thread protocol.
To find out more about subscribing:
- The Emerging Role for Smart Homes in the Smart City
- Alphabet Reveals Nest Losses and Its Own Smart Home Commitment
- Webinar: Smart Mobility, Smart Cities, and Smart Home: the Holy Trinity for Automated Living?
- Acquisition Spree Highlights the Rush to Single-Brand Smart Home Self-Install Systems
- Smart Home Customer Data – The Next Revenue Opportunity?