Transportation and Ticketing IC
The worldwide demand for smart card and limited use disposable contactless ticketing solutions continues to grow. According to ABI Research’s latest forecasts, IC shipments delivered to the contactless ticketing smart card market will reach 402 million units in 2014, up from 367 million in 2013. Now strategies are shifting toward multi-application, added value service, and NFC enablement. The contactless ticketing landscape is very much shifting towards the enablement of next-generation functionality; but which IC vendors are best positioned; have the best strategies, product portfolio and functionality to take advantage of the presented opportunities?
ABI Research’s Transportation and Ticketing IC Competitive Assessment takes a closer look at the current market status quo, providing an independent look at each vendors’ current market position, strategies, and future outlook. Included in the Competitive Assessment is a vendor matrix whereby all the major IC vendors operational within the contactless ticketing market were judged and scored according to a set of criteria falling within the broader “Implementation” and “Innovation” categories. Each vendor was assessed against a total of 10 criteria and accordingly ranked based on scores achieved.
Accompanying the vendor matrix are four sets of worldwide market share rankings, based on memory and microcontroller IC shipments delivered into the contactless ticketing market in 2012 and 2013.
- Market Share: Memory IC Vendor Transportation and Ticketing Market Share Analysis: 2012
- Market Share: Memory IC Vendor Transportation and Ticketing Market Share Analysis: 2013
- Market Share: Microcontroller IC Vendor Transportation and Ticketing Market Share Analysis: 2012
- Market Share: Microcontroller IC Vendor Transportation and Ticketing Market Share Analysis: 2013
- Vendor Matrix: Transportation and Ticketing IC Vendor Matrix
- Infineon Technologies AG
- NXP Semiconductors