Commercial Telematics in Service and Utilities Fleets
In an increasingly competitive marketplace, service companies are combating rising fuel prices and the high costs of both regulatory and customer compliance demands, which are eroding already-thin profit margins.
At the same time, their customers are becoming more demanding, with the failure of service personnel to arrive on time (or not at all) as the biggest complaint, and the need for second and subsequent visits (due to the lack of correct parts, etc.) as a significant factor increasing their costs. As a result, customer service has become an important strategic imperative for service businesses trying to differentiate themselves. Faced with the challenge of complying with evermore stringent Service Level Agreements (SLAs), coupled with limited resources at their disposal, these service companies are looking at deploying more sophisticated fleet and mobile workforce management solutions.
This report looks at the challenges facing service companies and discusses how these challenges can be met by deploying a range of increasingly sophisticated software-based telematics solutions.
The report also provides profiles of key telematics service providers focused on the service sector and global and regional forecasts of the growth of telematics adoption in the services sector.
Table of Contents
- 1. INTRODUCTION
- 2. SERVICE SECTOR DEFINITION
- 3. KEY CHALLENGES FOR SERVICES COMPANIES
- 4. SOLUTIONS AND BENEFITS
- 4.1. Fleet Management Solutions
- 4.2. Mobile Workforce Management Solutions
- 4.3. Compliance Solutions
- 4.4. Environmental Solutions
- 4.5. Integration Benefits
- 5. BARRIERS TO ADOPTION
- 6. KEY PLAYERS
- 6.1. Trimble
- 6.2. Telogis
- 6.3. Fleetmatics
- 6.4. Teletrac
- 6.5. Masternaut International
- 6.6. TomTom
- 7. THE MARKET OPPORTUNITY
- Installed Base of Service Vehicles Equipped with Telematics, World Market Forecast: 2009 to 2019
- Penetration of Telematics Systems in the Services Sector Market, Global Forecast: 2009 to 2019
- Commercial Telematics Hardware Shipments in Service Vehicle Sector, North America Forecast: 2009 to 2019
- Commercial Telematics Hardware Shipments in the Service Vehicle Sector, Western Europe Forecast: 2009 to 2019
- Commercial Telematics Hardware Shipments in the Service Vehicle Sector, Asia-Pacific Forecast: 2009 to 2019