A newer version of this research is available.
Please refer to Network Managed Services to ensure you are viewing the latest forecasts.
The Market Data for network managed services primarily looks at the networks component of managed services where a vendor takes full responsibility of the network, including:
• Plan, Design, Build, and Operate
• Day-to-day Network Operations and Maintenance
• Network Optimization and Assurance
• Spare Parts Management
• Managed Backhaul
• Network Capacity Management
• Field Maintenance
• End-to-end Network Solutions
The revenues for managed services leaves out one-off network planning and optimization projects that are not treated as part of a multi-year managed services multi-year contract. The Market Data provides market share and market size for current and future forecasts of network managed services. Individual breakdown of vendor revenues relating to managed services is also provided, which will include network and IT-related services.
IT-related managed services cover services related to the IT domain in network operators. A list of the type of IT-related managed services is provided below. In this edition, ABI Research only looks at managed services from the telecom infrastructure vendors (Ericsson, Nokia, Huawei, Alcatel-Lucent and ZTE).
In general, IT-related managed services include:
• Management and Integration of Operations Support Systems (OSS)
• Management and Integration of Billing Support Systems (BSS)
• Contact Center Managed Services
• Service Layer Support
• Application Development and Maintenance
• Front and Back Office Support
• Project Management, Planning, and Design